|

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blog Redesigned


After being off to a good start with this blog, things got a bit quiet due to various circumstances. I've been coping with numerous deadlines in the past couple of months, but I've also spent some time thinking about which way I want to head with my posting. On the one hand, I'd like to regularly update this journal which could be achieved through shorter messages with a more general scope. On the other hand, I don't want to see this turning into one of those trivial "let me tell you what I had for lunch today"-kind of blogs. I'm not too big on what I like to call social exhibitionism, so unless what I have to say can offer some meaning or enrichment to those reading, it's better to keep quiet. 

That being said, it's a difficult trade-off between finding the time to write decent and elaborate posts, and sacrificing quality for quantity. However, I'm confident that with some effort the situation will improve in the future, and I will find a workable balance as time goes by.

To mark this new beginning, I performed yet another blog design overhaul, as I wasn't really all too happy with the design I made the last time (which can be viewed here). Colours were a bit too dark and I had the feeling there was too much text at the top, which gave a crowded and confusing impression. I toned down the amount of text and went for some lighter gradients - I hope you like it.

0 reacties:

Post a Comment